Stickies. Free your desktop from Post It hell with this great little utility. Stickies is a small and simple program with many features allowing you to banish those dog eared Post It notes to the drawer. Best of all its totally free.
Still not convinced? We love it here at Bluebit and after checking out the features below we’re sure you’ll understand why:
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it’s on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
- International language and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows Vista
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- …and Stickies is completely free!